Best Female Dentist For Wisdom Tooth Extraction in KarachiDental Emergency Service 24/7 | Book in-Person or Online Video Appointments
WISDOM TOOTH EXTRACTION
A wisdom tooth or you can call it the third molar is a tooth located at the back corners of your mouth; There actually are four teeth present at the top and bottom of the corners that usually start to erupt in your early or late 20s and to get them removed, you need to go through from a treatment called Dental Extraction and Implant.
It can be terrible to deal with wisdom teeth, especially when you eat or sleep. The pain is not simply bearable; therefore, you should consider getting it removed by getting Dental Extraction surgery done.
You might be thinking what dental extraction meaning is. Right? The wisdom extraction process is a surgical procedure used to remove one or more wisdom teeth from your mouth.
What are the Benefits of Getting the Wisdom Tooth Removed?
- It cuts down the orthodontic problems, When the wisdom teeth develop and erupt with time, they overcrowd your dentition, which causes damage to the adjacent molars. When the wisdom teeth start to erupt, it’s the sign from your mouth that there is no more ample space for them, and they are causing alignment problems over time by pushing other teeth out of the way. Going to a Dental Extraction Clinic and getting them removed on time can save you from additional expenses like getting braces, etc.
- It prevents your other teeth from causing damage. The wisdom teeth put pressure on the roots, which causes a loss in the other teeth grips. As we have mentioned earlier, there is no more vast space for the wisdom teeth, making them hard to reach and clean. It is almost impossible to keep a wisdom tooth clean, which causes cavity problems and unbearable pain in the surrounding teeth. Getting the Dental Extraction Surgery on time is the most suitable option you should consider.
- It cuts down the risk of oral diseases. Dental cavities and other forms of gum diseases are caused most likely by the persistence of wisdom teeth. When an impacted wisdom tooth is present inside your mouth for an extended period, it causes gums’ inflammation, which can be challenging to treat and get rid of.
- It prevents the risk of cysts, tumors, and even jaw damage. An impacted wisdom tooth is home to bacteria’s. The bacteria’s develop slowly and gradually, leading the pain into cysts and tumors invading the jaw bone and causes severe joint pain.
Should you get Dental Extraction in Pregnancy?
Dental extraction does not impact the pregnancy, and you can Get Dental Extraction Surgery anytime during your pregnancy months.
Does Tooth Extraction Cause any Severe Problems?
Yes, the dental extraction can cause the following problems if the procedure is not done right with the correct dental extraction equipment.
- It can cause dental extraction bleeding
- If things do not go right during surgery, the dental extraction blood clot can be a severe issue.
The following reasons why you should consider professionals. We can Get the Dental Extraction Surgery done in no time. We have professionally trained dentists that mainly take care of dental extraction healing and dental extraction aftercare to ensure that you don’t have to face any inconvenience later on.
Book and Get your Appointment now and get rid of your wisdom tooth pain at the most affordable prices.
PROCESS OF WISDOM TOOTH
When you come to us for a wisdom tooth or teeth removal, our professionally trained Dentists will first check how complicated your case is. Once our dentists know how complex the matter is, we will prepare you for the surgery using local, sedation, or general anesthesia, depending upon the wisdom tooth’s complexity and your comfort level.
How is the Surgery Done?
During the wisdom tooth removal, our dentist or oral surgeon:
- Will make an incision in the gum tissue to help expose the tooth and bone.
- Slowly and gradually removes the bone that blocks access to the impacted tooth.
- Divides the tooth into sections only if it’s easier to remove in pieces.
- Slowly removes the tooth
- Properly clean the extracted tooth area from any debris that might be present on the tooth or bone.
- Stitches the wound correctly to promote healing; however, the stitches are unnecessary except in some cases that might be too complex.
- Places gauze over the extraction area to control the bleeding, helping form the blood clot.
Once the surgery is done, our Dentist will guide you about what to eat and do after the wisdom teeth removal.
What to Expect after the Wisdom Tooth Extraction Surgery?: Aftercare
If you have received any anesthesia during the surgery, you will be taken to the recovery room once the surgery is done. As you start to heal from your surgery, follow your surgeon or Dentist’s instructions on the following things.
Oozing or bleeding might occur the first day of the surgery; therefore, you need to avoid spitting too much as it will dislocate the blood clot present at the extracted tooth area. Consider replacing the gauze over the extraction area if recommended by your Dentist.
- How to deal with the pain?
You will have to deal with the pain, whether it can be major or minor. However, the pain will not last long as your oral surgeon or Dentist will prescribe you the painkillers and their doses for better and painless recovery.
- How to deal with the swelling/bruising?
Use the ice and slowly rub the ice pack on your cheek if you feel any swelling or bruising. Any swelling that might occur on your cheeks will usually improve in 3 – 4 days.
- Should you go according to your daily schedule?
You should avoid doing any activity such as running, etc. Plan to rest for the first day and let the impacted area heal slowly. It would be best if you continue your regular schedule the next day.
- Can you consume any beverages?
You should avoid drinking any energy drinks, carbonated or caffeine, or even hot beverages for at least 24 hours. Don’t consider using a straw for a week, as the sucking action can dislodge the blood clot present at the Extraction site.
- What type of food should you eat?
Consume soft food only, such as yogurt and applesauce, at least for the first 24 hours. After the first day, you can start eating semisoft foods if you think you can tolerate them. Avoid any foods like meat or chicken that need extra chewing. Also, don’t consume any spices.
- How to clean your mouth?
Don’t brush your teeth; instead, rinse your mouth. Consider using mouth wash to clean during the first 24 hours after surgery. Usually, you will be told to brush after 24 hours, but you still have to gentle with the Extraction point as it might cause bleeding and severe pain.
- Can you smoke?
If you smoke, avoid smoking for atleast 72 hours after surgery. It will be best if you wait longer than that if it’s possible. Also, if you chew tobacco, don’t use it for at least a week as any tobacco will slow down the healing process which might cause severe problems.
- How to take care of the stitches?
If you have the stitches, you need to correctly take care of them, as they will dissolve within a few weeks. Also, if your stitches need to be removed, consider getting an Appointment with your Dentist.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have a question for us we are just a call away,
you can call our Dental Helpline or text on WhatsApp at (+92)300-227-88-64
When do I need to get my wisdom teeth out?
Wisdom teeth – the third molar in the very back of your mouth may not need to be removed if they are:
• Grown in completely (fully erupted)
• Positioned correctly and biting properly with their opposing teeth
• Able to be cleaned as part of a daily oral hygiene routine.
However, many times wisdom teeth don’t have room to grow properly and can cause many problems. Erupting wisdom teeth can grow at various angles in the jaw, sometimes even horizontally. Problems which can be encountered if the wisdom tooth is not removed are:
• Jaw damage: Cysts can form around the new teeth. If they aren’t treated, they can hollow out your jaw and damage nerves.
• Sinus Issues: Problems with wisdom teeth can lead to sinus pain, pressure, and congestion.
• Inflamed Gums: Tissue around the area can swell and may be hard to clean.
• Cavities: Swollen gums can create pockets between teeth that help bacteria grow and cavities form.
• Alignment of wisdom tooth: Impacted wisdom teeth can cause problems with crowding of other teeth and even make treatment to straighten other teeth necessary.
Our dentist will look at the shape of your mouth and the position of your teeth to make a decision whether you can keep it or it should be extracted according to the situation of your wisdom tooth. Your age plays a role too.
I had my wisdom teeth removed yesterday and the pain medicine isn’t helping my pain. What should I do?
The best regimen for the pain after extraction is Synflex 550 mg twice a day but if this pain medicine is not helping your pain then you can take deltacortil 5 mg once daily for two days. If your pain is relieved from it on the first day then don’t take it anymore.
What kinds of foods can I eat after having oral surgery?
On the day after the surgery, cool and soft food is recommended, such as ice cream, cottage cheese, pudding, or yogurt. Hot foods may disturb initial clot formation in the extraction sites so you should avoid it and make sure the food you eat is not HOT as you will be numb and your lip and tongue can be burnt and you may not feel it. Following the day of the surgery, it’s best to avoid crunchy foods such as popcorn, nuts, and potato chips which break up into little pieces and can get packed down into the extraction sites. If you had dental implants placed, please avoid chewing hard foods with the implant itself for 6 weeks or the healing of the implant will be compromised.
Can I keep my wisdom tooth?
If the tooth is whole and not broken, you can take your extracted teeth with you. It is important that you let our team know before surgery that you want to keep your teeth so we can wash and clean it first and then dry it. Your tooth will be hand over to you in a pouch to keep it dry and safe.
What If the Wisdom Tooth Needs to Be Removed?
If your wisdom tooth needs to be removed then you should visit our clinic to get your wisdom tooth extracted before it causes any complications. We will get your X-ray done to check the direction of the erupting wisdom tooth and plan our extraction procedure according to it.