Best Female Dentist For Root Canal in KarachiDental Emergency Service 24/7 | Book in-Person or Online Video Appointments
What is the Root Canal?
A root canal procedure consists of removing the damaged pulp around our root, cleaning the infected area after the removal, and then filling it up again.
- Once you get your root canal done, that means you are protecting your other teeth from getting infected. Not just that, you also save yourself from immense pain.
- After you get a root canal filling in a root can’t treatment, your teeth are coated with nice and appealing color, making your teeth shine and your smile attractive.
- In a root canal filling, the best advantage is that you don’t have to get worried about further damage, your tooth is now secure, and it will heal on its own internally.
- This is one of the advantages of getting a root canal filling. Once you get the treatment done, you can be sure that your jaw won’t get damaged. Yes! You can damage your jaw because of bacteria, so don’t be afraid if your root canal Doctor suggests you go for a procedure because it’s for your betterment.
Who performs the Root Canal Treatment?
A Dentist Endodontist is a Doctor specializing in endodontic procedures dealing with problems with the tooth’s pulp and root. They are mainly trained in endodontic diagnosis and therapy.
Your Dentist will more likely refer you to the Endodontic Specialist, who will further decide the best solution to preserve the tooth function or extract it. Endodontist deals with tooth injuries that could impact on your pulp or root.
The lower third of your tooth is the root of the tooth. These roots serve as the support to the tooth in its position and are embedded in the bone. Are you looking for an endodontist near me? Visit Zia Dental Care and let Dr.Aimen Zia take care of your teeth issues.
What Is Root Canal Treatment?
Beneath your crown part, there is a soft tissue called the pulp of the tooth. This tissue consists of nerves, blood vessels, and connective tissue, which helps in its growth. When your tooth is entirely developed, it can survive without the pulp. That’s the only reason that proved to be the success of a Root Canal Treatment.
Facts Related To Root Canal Treatment:
- There are specific facts about a root canal treatment you need to know before getting the treatment done.
- Root canal treatment is not painful. In modern dentistry, root canal treatments have become painless. This procedure is generally done to relieve your pain.
- Root canal treatment is not needed only if there is pain. When your pulp is dead, you won’t feel any pain, but you need treatment to remove this dead pulp.
- Root canal treatment doesn’t often require multiple appointments; it can be completed in a single visit.
- The treated tooth should always be covered with a crown after the treatment to prevent it from reinfection and dislodgement of restoration.
- The success rate of root canal treatment is nearly 95%.
A Dentist Specialist Endodontist may advise you to go for Root Canal Treatment if he diagnoses inflammation or an infection in the pulp of your tooth.
We will treat it and fill it inside the tooth to prevent further damage and spread of infection.
The Goal of Root Canal Treatment is to save your tooth and prevent it from getting extracted.
Well, there are many signs and symptoms to get root canal treatment of your tooth.
If you delay the root canal treatment for your tooth when these early signs appear, you may worsen the situation. The infection may spread to the underlying bone and eventually lead to tooth loss.
- The very first sign which will tell you to search for the best endodontist near me will be a pain in your teeth that won’t go away. Let me elaborate a little more about the kind of pain so that you know when to visit a dentist endodontist near me. This kind of pain will come in waves, but it will never go. not just that, it will feel like a dep unsettling pain in your jaw and deep in your teeth. You should visit the emergency periodontist near me if the pain intensifies to the extent that you can’t control it.
- We all feel a certain amount of sensitivity in our teeth, that doesn’t mean you should look for Gum Doctors near me unless it’s a feeling that can’t be ignored. You see, we don’t look after our teeth like we should, so we all have some amount of sensitivity in our teeth, but once your cavity eats its way out to your gum, the sensitivity intensifies, you feel a sharp knife-like pain whenever you consume something hot or cold, this means you need to see the best endodontist at Zia Dental Care right away.
- You need an emergency endodontic treatment right away if your affected tooth is turning grayish or black; this is because the damage is gone in too deep, and the blood supply to your teeth is cut off. You need to look for the nearest and best endodontist near me to get it treated right away.
- Doctors like Amjad Ansari endodontists are experts when it comes to rooting canal treatments. You can visit Zia Dental Care if you face gum-related issues such as swollen gums or painful pimples on your gums. Top Dentists and Endodontists claim that these gums’ issues are because of the toxic cavity waste accumulating in your teeth; yes, it does affect your gums. So if you have severe pain with swelling that doesn’t go away, make sure you visit an endodontist dentist near me right away.
- You need to find a Good Endodontist near me if the pain is so severe that you can’t even touch or move your tooth. This sort of pain means that your nerve inside your tooth is getting damaged immensely, and now you won’t be able to eat or drink anything unless you get an RCT treatment.
- If you had a damaged or broken tooth due to any reason earlier and now you are feeling and observing these same symptoms, it’s not due to the tooth’s earlier damage. It’s because now, due to the injury, the bacteria has made its way towards your nerve endings, and they are getting tormented by the cavity severely. You should get the endodontic specialty services by Zia Dental Care right away if that’s the case.
- When your teeth and nerves get damaged by the cavity, it starts to loosen up. If your tooth is getting loose along with swelling and pain, it doesn’t always mean that it’s a part of growing up. Visit Zia Dental Care now and get it checked before it comes to a point where you can remove all the infected areas.
The Root Canal Procedure.
Before you visit a Top Endodontist near me, it’s better if you know the procedure
- You will be put under simple anesthetic to make sure you feel nothing, don’t worry; you won’t feel anything without the drug because your nerves are already under attack.
- After that, your doctor will take an X-Ray and other observations and tests to see the damage’s extent.
- The tooth will then be drilled, and the cavity will be removed.
- If the damage is a lot, the doctor will insert medication and fill the teeth after a week or so; if that’s not the case, then your tooth will be filled immediately.
- All the following steps and Follow-up Appointments will be related to restoring your original tooth to the way it was.
No matter how scary the dentist of your Endo Dental Clinic looks, the root canal treatment is not that hectic or fearful; it’s simple and can be done multiple times for the sake of your tooth.
What To Expect Afterwards?
After you’re injected with a local anesthetic, it may take several hours before the sensation comes back.
You may experience pain and discomfort after the effect of anesthesia wears off. Your Dentist may prescribe you over-the-counter painkillers such as Paracetamol or Ibuprofen. You may also have some slight tenderness with bruising around the treated tooth, but this only lasts for a short time.
If you have severe pain or tenderness that worsens with time, see your dentist.
Complications & Retreatment
Every medical and dental procedure is done with some risks.
Sometimes it maybe is booming, and sometimes all your struggles and treatment may go in vain.
Complications may occur during and after your treatment.
Possible complications can be:
- When one of your root canals was left untouched while cleaning, it can lead to contamination and later need retreatment.
- An undetected crack on the root can promote bacterial growth and failure of treatment.
- Inadequate or overfilled restoration (filling) can cause contamination, and bacteria can access the canals.
- Defective materials such as sealer used during the treatment can later wear off and allows bacterial access into your canal.
- Pain after root canal treatment that worsens over time because some bacteria was left behind while cleaning
If you’re unsatisfied with the treatment and your tooth still hurts after the root canal treatment, contact your dentist.
You may be advised to have retreatment.
Well, in our dental clinic, we have the best professionals and trusted experts to take care of your dental problem.
How To Heal After Your Root Canal Treatment
When you plan to have a root can treatment, the first thing you should consider is always looking for a Dentist who has experience performing such procedures.
Your dentist may ask you to have X-Rays and keep you on a follow-up.
You’ve to follow all the aftercare instructions properly to promote proper healing.
Keep in touch with your dentist if you’re experiencing any issues after the treatment.
A follow-up may help detect possible problems and treat them on time.
It is essential to take care of the repaired tooth to avoid any further damage.
- Brush twice a day using fluoride toothpaste.
- Floss every day between your teeth.
- Avoid smoking.
- Rinse your mouth with an antibacterial mouthwash after every meal.
- The last and most important thing, never to miss any dentist appointment because any slight mistake could leave unrepairable damage to your teeth.