Best Female Dentist For Oral Surgeries
Best Female Dentist in Karachi | Dental Emergency Service 24/7 | Book in-Person or Online Video Appointments
MINOR ORAL SURGERIES
Diagnosing the oral problems on your own is challenging but not impossible if you have the correct information to get the dentist’s proper treatment; thus, we will provide you with some of the information regarding minor oral surgeries.
– Pain in the tooth?/broke your tooth somehow?: Are you having tooth problems, thus looking for tooth extraction or cracked tooth extraction /dentist tooth removal? First, you need to know that tooth removal comes under the category of minor surgeries and is essential if you have an impacted tooth or cracked tooth to get rid of the pain.
– Growing wisdom tooth causing issues?: Do you have molar pain because of the growing third molar teeth? Thus, looking for impacted wisdom teeth removal/molar tooth extraction? No need to be worried. It also comes under the category of minor oral surgeries and is essential, especially if your impacted wisdom tooth no longer has the space to grow to release the pain.
– Need to replace the function of your missing teeth?: Have you fell and accidentally damaged or broke your tooth? Therefore, need a dental implant? You can quickly go under one of the minor oral surgeries to get the full mouth dental implant or partial dental implant done in no time to get your teeth back.
– Root canal oral issues?: Having root canal problems is one of the worse things that could happen to a person as you have to bear so much pain but do you know with just a minor oral surgery, all that pain will vanish in a second? Yes, the endodontics procedures come under the little oral surgery category.
– Having a TEMPOROMANDIBULAR JOINT (TMJ DISORDER): Do you have a TMJ disorder? As has been proved that TMJ disorder cannot be cured with medication and exercise, the only way to eliminate TMJ disorder is minor oral surgery.
– Is your mouth getting infectious?: Having bad oral health and teeth surrounded with infection does not sound good at all as it ruins the taste of your mouth, restricts you from eating your favourite food, and more, but all this can get fixed with the help of minor oral surgery.
Any of the following problems could occur any minute, especially if you don’t take good care of your oral health. Cleaning your teeth is necessary, and if anything unfortunate happens, such as; broke your tooth somehow and need simple extraction or dental reconstruction. If your wisdom teeth are growing and causing pain, you need wisdom teeth removal/wisdom extraction to eliminate the life-taking pain.
All these minor oral surgeries can get done at Zia Dental Care as we have the best female doctor in Karachi, Dr. Aiman Zia, available at your service 24/7. Even if you need an emergency tooth pull or emergency tooth extraction, our clinic is an ideal place for you. Cut down all the hassle and Book an Appointment to get rid of all your oral problems.
WHAT ARE THE MENTIONED MINOR ORAL SURGERIES FOR?
As we have mentioned, oral surgeries come under the minor category and can get successfully done at the clinic. Let’s dig deep and guide you more about what these procedures are for and why you should consider getting them done if you have any of the mentioned problems.
- Wisdom teeth removal/extraction
A wisdom tooth is your third molar tooth which is not fully grown out of the gum and is impacted. The wisdom teeth cause unbearable pain, difficulties in cleaning the surrounding teeth. If it moves towards other teeth area, it starts erupting them too, which causes tooth loss and an unsatisfactory feel, restricting you from eating or drinking any food you like. Therefore, it would be best to consider getting wisdom teeth removal anaesthesia done in the first place.
- Tooth extraction
This type of minor oral surgery is for teeth removal, which is impacted, damaged, or halfway broken and causing pain continuously. Moreover, if you have an extra tooth, then an extra tooth removal procedure also comes under the following category of minor oral surgery.
- Dental implant
Losing your natural teeth is something that nobody likes. Still, since the following type of oral surgery is here, you don’t have to panic as in this surgery, dental implants are surgically placed into your jawbone to replace the function of your missing natural tooth/teeth to add artificial/false teeth.
In this minor oral surgery, your dentist places a filling in the ending area of your tooth root and tries to remove any infection or bacteria that might be present in the canal system.
- TMJ DISORDER
This type of minor oral surgery is typically performed on the jaw area when a specific jaw has been found suffering from a TMJ disorder issue.
When and why do these Minor Oral Surgeries are Performed?
Emergency tooth removal
Broken teeth or impacted teeth can cause unbearable pain and can also cause damage to the other teeth if it starts to leave its area. Moreover, impacted teeth can also cause infection in your oral cavities. Thus, a tooth removal or toothache extraction is the only suitable option that is left.
Adult molar extraction
Wisdom extraction is one of the most common oral surgeries as this tooth starts to grow in your 20’s and starts to cause pain when it comes in an unhealthy state. Let’s know how this minor oral surgery takes place.
- The dentist makes an incision inside your gum tissue to expose the tooth first.
- Once the tooth is exposed, the tooth root blocking access to the third molar extraction is removed.
- To make the process easier, the dentist divides the tooth into two sections.
- Once the division occurs, the tooth removal process takes place.
- After removing the tooth, sutures are applied to close the wound entirely.
As we have mentioned earlier, it is a type of surgery where the infections or cysts are removed to save a tooth. Let’s learn in which the apicectomy is performed.
- It is performed when the root canal treatment was unsuccessful or impossible.
- It is performed when the infection is in a bad state that it is not possible to treat it with root canal treatment
- It is performed if the tooth root is fractured due to trauma and starts to cause infection.
Let’s learn more about what happens before the apicectomy process starts.
- Oral x rays are taken
- The dentist reviews medical history
- Medications are also prescribed to reduce inflammation.
THE SURGICAL PROCESS OF THE APICECTOMY
It includes the following steps:
- Gum tissue near the causal tooth is opened.
- The underlying bone is then exposed to remove inflamed or infected tissue.
- The dental surgeon will then remove the root of your tooth.
- The root is then sealed at the end of the root canal by placing a small filling
- The wound is then closed by sutures to heal correctly.
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER THE APICECTOMY PROCESS IS DONE?
The sutures that are applied to close the wound entirely starts to dissolve themselves. If they don’t, they need to be removed in two to seven days of the surgery. Usually, you will feel soreness and swelling, which will slowly vanish in two weeks.
It is a minor surgical procedure done at the time of tooth extraction to contour the jaw bone of patients within the teeth’ sockets. It can be done after the extraction of a tooth or after when a tooth is lost.
WHY IS ALVEOLOPLASTY NEEDED?
WHAT IS THE SURGICAL PROCESS OF ALVEOLOPLASTY?
Local anaesthesia is given to the patient and then:
- An incision is made in the gum tissue, and the tissue flap is reflected to expose the underlying bone.
- The bone is then trimmed using files, dental pliers, and dental drills.
- The smoothness of the bone is then checked, and if any rough area is found, it will be further smoothed out using a bone file.
- The surgical site is then flushed with a saline solution to remove any remaining debris.
- The tissue flaps are then positioned back into place with sutures.
WHAT ARE THE CONTRAINDICATIONS OF ALVEOLOPLASTY?
If the patient does not need the bone to be removed or recontoured, then in such cases, alveoloplasty is contraindicated. It is also contraindicated if the removal of bone would harm vital structures and if the patient has undergone radiation therapy to the head and neck. So, a dentist must take the medical history of the patient.
Alveoloplasty should be performed by an expert and experienced dental surgeon. Our expert dentists Dr. Aiman Zia and her team provide their patients with the best possible treatment using advanced techniques and technology at “Zia Dental Care“.
What are the complications in Minor Oral Surgeries?
There may be some complications in these minor oral surgeries. As in the case of upper wisdom tooth extraction, an oroantral fistula (opening between the maxillary sinus and oral cavity) can be formed as the upper wisdom teeth are situated very close to the sinuses. Other complications include alveolar osteitis, pain, swelling, limited mouth opening, excessive bleeding, lip numbness, etc.
But don’t worry if you need any minor oral surgery. Our exceptionally competent and skilful dental surgeons are always here for you at “Zia Dental Care“, which is considered as one of the best dental clinics in Karachi where Dr. Aiman Zia and her team provide their patients with the best possible treatment in a comfortable environment using advanced techniques and technology.
Aftercare of Minor Oral Surgery:
After minor oral surgery, post-operative instructions are given, and the patient should follow them to heal faster.
What not to do after Minor Oral Surgery?
- Do not consider rinsing your mouth even if the bleeding and oozing that occur leaves the lousy taste inside your mouth
- Avoid chewing the gauzing pad or sucking on the wound as it can create complications
- Avoid straining yourself for two entire days once the surgery takes place.
- Do not consume any hot liquids such as tea, coffee, etc. Also, avoid consuming hot food even if you are eating soup. Let it cool first as hot liquids increase the blood circulation inside your mouth, which can cause the wound to start bleeding again.
- Do not smoke or consume tobacco in any form as the tobacco delays the healing process.
Does Zia Dental Care provide Emergency Extraction Services?
Yes, we provide emergency wisdom tooth removal, a normal tooth removal or any complication you might have in the middle of the night or on the weekend. Zia Dental Care is available at your service with the most experienced doctors.
Book your appointment, and you don’t have to be worried about wisdom tooth extraction cost or broken tooth extraction cost as our pricing brackets are always budget-friendly. Visit our place and get rid of all your oral health issues in no time.