Best Dentist For Dental Implants in Karachi
- Dental implants are artificial tooth roots made of titanium or other biocompatible materials that are surgically placed into the jawbone to support a crown, bridge, or denture. They provide a stable and permanent base for replacement teeth and are a popular alternative to traditional dentures and bridges.
- Some key benefits of dental implants include:
- Improved appearance: Dental implants look and function like natural teeth and can restore the patient’s smile.
- Increased stability: Implants provide a stable base for replacement teeth, eliminating the need for adhesives or denture creams and preventing the slipping or shifting of traditional dentures.
- Better oral health: Implants do not require reduction of adjacent healthy teeth, preserving more natural tooth structure compared to traditional bridges.
- Long-lasting: When properly cared for, dental implants can last a lifetime, making them a cost-effective long-term solution. The process of placing dental implants typically involves multiple appointments over several months. During the initial appointment, the dentist will evaluate the patient’s oral health and determine if implants are the best option. If the patient is a good candidate, the dentist will place the implants into the jawbone and allow them to heal and fuse with the bone over several months. After the implants have fully integrated with the jawbone, the dentist will attach an abutment and crown, bridge, or denture to complete the restoration. Dental implants are a safe and effective way to replace missing teeth and restore oral function and appearance. Patients should discuss their options with their dentist and follow proper care instructions to ensure the longevity of their implants.
Teeth are the essential part of our mouth; without them eating anything can become a disaster. Moreover, losing teeth also ruin the look of your face. A smile is the most attractive factor that brings joy and a beautiful look to our faces.
- Living life with natural teeth or teeth is impossible as it makes your mouth of no use.
- Teeth help you in chewing and eating the food and without them living life can be hectic
- Dental implants actually are artificial tooth roots that help you in getting your teeth back.
- We will mention the best affordable dentist along with the dental centre from where you can quickly get your dental treatment done
- Are you worried about dental implants cost in Karachi? The following article will have the information to ease down all your concerns. Stop worrying about full mouth dental implants price or dental implants per tooth, as this article has all the required information you need.
What is a Dental Implant?
A dental implant is a medical device manufactured to replace and support a damaged or missing biological structure, and at times also helps to enhance an existing one.
Today, with the advancements of new technologies, new dental implants are available as an option.
For such advanced procedures, we provide you with the best health care facilities with our skilled Implantologist, who has gone under special training to serve you with the best treatment.
Dental implants are generally replacements for your tooth roots.
A dental implant is a surgical fixture placed into your jawbone after you lose your natural tooth.
Such placements provide a foundation for a fixed or removable prosthesis (dentures) made to replace your natural teeth.
Most dental implants are made of titanium, which allows them to integrate with bone without being recognized as a foreign object in our body.
With modern technologies and dental skills, implant placements have proven to be a successful procedure, having around a 98% success rate.
What are the types of Dental Implants?
Dental implants have two types, and both work differently. Let’s know more about what makes them different and what they are for.
- Endosteal implants
It is the most common type of dental implant, and its function is to hold the replacement of a tooth. The endosteal implants are usually put under your jawbone as an artificial root that supports the replacement to make the teeth implant more reliable. Moreover, the endosteal implants are made of titanium, and it is considered one of the most commonly used dental implants yet. They look like small screws and are put under your jawbone, which helps to protrude through the gums to make the tooth’s replacement stronger. In other words, you can also call it titanium dental implants.
- Subperiosteal implants
When you don’t have healthy enough jawbones, your dentist might recommend you go for subperiosteal implants. This type of dental implant is placed on your jawbone or above the jawbone, under your gums to help protrude through gum to hold the replaced tooth still. However, the subperiosteal implants are an older way. They are not much used as they do not provide results for a more extended period than the endosteal implants. Still, sometimes the second type of dental implants (subperiosteal implants) is recommended.
You might be thinking about how much do each of the mentioned types costs. To ease down your concerns, let’s tell you the types of dental implants cost.
- First, let’s know how much the first type (endosteal implants) of dental implant costs. It might cost a bit more than the second type of dental implant. As we have mentioned, it’s a safer and reliable way to give your teeth a sturdy base to hold on to.
- Now, as you must have read about the second type (subperiosteal implants) of dental implants, let’s know more about this type of dental implant’s prices. The subperiosteal implants do not cost much but are not the most advanced and reliable way to support your teeth replacement.
Stop worrying about the teeth implant price now and get the most suitable process done as you already have the information directly.
How do Dental Implants work?
The dental implants look similar to the screws, but what they do? When the dental implants are placed in your jawbone, they most likely bond with your natural bone to support one or two artificial teeth, which are usually known as crowns also.
It’s like giving your artificial teeth a sturdy base to hold on to. However, getting the dental implant is not enough as the crowns or artificial teeth are not strong enough to hold for a long time, and that’s where the connector helps.
A connector is also known as an abutment. It is used to place on the top of the dental implant to give sturdy support to the crowns. As you might know, artificial teeth are custom-made, and they must match your natural teeth structure.
What's the purpose of Dental Implants?
Dental implants are used to replace teeth, whether it’s just one tooth or all of them. Full dental implants or are used when all of your teeth are getting replaced. This process is also known as full mouth dental implants or full jaw dental implants, and partial dental implants are used when one or two teeth are replaced. In other words, the purpose of dental implants is to restore functionality and esthetics.
Process of getting a Dental Implant: How it’s done?
During the initial stages, our dental Implantologist will examine your mouth and the site where an implant is being considered. Our dentist will numb the surgical area with a local anesthetic to ensure maximum comfort and ease. This local anesthetic also relieves the anxiety that you may be having. The first stage of this procedure involves the extraction of your teeth.
At times, the site of a dental implant still has an existing damaged tooth present. To prepare for the placement of a dental implant, the tooth will need to be extracted. An alveolar bone graft is placed to achieve a solid base for your implant. This site usually takes about two to six months to heal to continue with the procedure. Whereas in a case where you already have a missing tooth, and bone loss is present, a different bone graft may be placed that requires more time to heal.
For cases where you have enough bone, a dental implant can also be placed at the same appointment as the extraction. These implants are known as ‘Immediate Implants’ When an implant is to be placed in the maxilla in the posterior region; our dentist may perform a sinus lifting procedure to graft more bone into your sinus as the limited bone is available here for implant placement. Once the solid and adequate bone is present, the site is ready for implant placement.
On the next appointment, a dental implant is placed into your bone with special instruments’ help. A healing cap is also positioned, and your gums are stitched back. This procedure is painless as we perform it under local anesthetics. Soon after the placement of the healing cap, the healing phase begins. During this period, a temporary denture may be placed for aesthetic concerns. Healing usually takes about six months, but this factor generally depends on the quality of the bone. During this time, when the implant is being healed, avoid placing stress over the site, as it may interfere with the healing process.
Our dentist may keep you on a follow-up to ensure maximum healing and prevent infection. Once the implant has healed properly, it is tested for its successful integration with the bone. The prosthetic part is screwed to the implant. This part is known as an abutment. An abutment serves as a support to the crown or a replaced tooth. An impression is made for such abutment to customize the crown, which is later cemented to this abutment.
While dental implants’ primary function is for teeth replacement, there are areas in which dental implants can assist in other dental procedures.
Due to their stability, dental implants can support a removable denture and provide a more secure and comfortable fit.
Overdentures are the partial or complete dentures that are placed on the underlying tooth structures or dental implants.
These dentures reduce the jaw bone shrinkage and redirect forces and pressure in the mouth, helping the dentures stay stable.
All on four Dental Implants
Are you confused with the name that what do we mean by all on four implants?
To understand this term, you first need to know that we have thirty-two teeth in total. Instead of placing a dental implant for every missing tooth, dental advancements suggest you have All on Four Implants, which means four implants in each jaw.
Later our dentists, attach the denture to this implant. Such techniques help patients who lost all their teeth either due to tooth decay or gum disease. All four implants ensure the use of minimal implants to provide you comfort and stability.
Without a doubt, implant dentistry has allowed for more treatment options to replace single and multiple missing teeth with long-term stability. These dentures are also cost-effective with minimal implant placement. The following process is also known as 4 on 4 dental implants
All on 4 dental implants cost can vary depending on the material used and how many fake teeth you need. Stop worrying about all on 4 dental implants now and get it done to make the process of your mouth comfortable.
Are you the Right Candidate for Dental Implants?: Why it's Done?
Going for a dental implant is a better option than other surgical processes as the dental implants are made of titanium and serve as the missing teeth’ roots perfectly. The dental implants do not harm or damage the bones and do not slip or make any noises, giving you a confident feel as it feels like you have your natural teeth.
Let’s know about are you the right candidate for it? And why it’s done.
- If you have one or more missing teeth, then dental implants are assuredly recommended for you as teeth are an essential part of our mouth, and living without them is not something you should even think of.
- Jawbones do have the growth factor, and when they do reach their growth levels, then it is highly recommended that you should go for dental implants as when they are entirely grown, they get weaker, which might result in losing teeth
- If you have any healthy oral issues, such as permanent or any temporary pain in your jaws, you should go for dental implants.
- If you don’t want to wear dentures, the dental implants are just perfect for you, or even if you are having trouble wearing dentures, these latest dental implants are a quick fix for your problem.
- Dental implants help in improving your speech; if you are a person who is facing issues like slipping and can’t pronounce words correctly, then dental implantology is a solution to your problems.
- If you don’t smoke tobacco, you are the right candidate for the whole mouth dental implants, and you should not be worried about considering them getting done.
Is Getting the Dental Implants healthy?
Health is a number one priority, and you should always know about the treatment you will go through to avoid any inconvenience later on. We will tell you some amazing facts about dental implants, which will assuredly clear all of your concerns.
- Do you know the dental implants are the only healthy restoration option that preserves the natural bone and doesn’t damage it in any manner. Also, it helps the natural bone in stimulating the natural teeth growth.
- Dental implants help you improve your self-esteem by getting you the aesthetics of your mouth back.
- A dental implant is a durable option as compared to the others. It can last for a very long time, and in some cases, it lasted for even a lifetime.
- Finally, the dental implants feel like your own teeth as they are designed to fuse with your bone structure.
What are the Advantages of Dental Implants?
There are several advantages of dental implantology. We will mention each of the benefits and how it is beneficial to provide you the maximum information possible. Trust us; you will assuredly be convinced after reading the below-mentioned advantages.
- Let’s talk about durability, which is assuredly an essential factor. The dental implants do last for a very long time, and in some cases, they even stayed for a lifetime, but it requires a good amount of care.
- When it comes to eating and comfort, the dental implants assuredly give you a more effortless eating experience and improved comfort as the dental implants function like natural teeth, allowing you to eat your favorite food without any inconvenience. Moreover, it improves comfort in every manner possible as they become part of you entirely.
- Convenience is something that everyone needs, and sometimes the dentures and other processes might not be comforting enough, but the dental implants assuredly are.
- Last but not least, it helps in improving your oral health. The dental implants allow easy access between your natural and artificial teeth, making cleaning a lot easier.
Aftercare for your Dental Implant: How to take care of your Dental Implants?
The success of a dental implant procedure depends on your oral hygiene.
- Keep your mouth as clean as possible.
- Avoid brushing the surgical site for the first few days, but start brushing it slowly once the tenderness disappears.
- Swish your mouth with warm salt water for the first few days as it relieves the discomfort and swelling.
- Try eating soft foods without placing any pressure on the surgical site in the initial days.
- Rinse your mouth properly after every meal
- You must not smoke unless the surgical site is completely healed as smoking may interfere with the healing process.
- Try only to have cold beverages and avoid hot liquids on the first two days.
- A regular visit to our clinic for a dental check-up
You may experience some discomfort and swelling over the surgical site once the local anesthetic wears off.
Our dentist may prescribe you to take over-the-counter pain killers such as Ibuprofen to ease your pain.
Swelling and tenderness usually resolve within two to three days after the treatment.
Cold packs and ice may help to reduce the swelling.
Mild swelling is joint for the next few days.
How much do the Dental Implants Cost?
If you are considering getting the dental implants done, you might have thought about the pricing brackets, but you don’t need to worry anymore. Throw all your concerns away as we are going to mention the average cost of dental implants.
As you know, there are two types of dental implants. The first one is whole mouth dental implants, and the second one is partial dental implants. First, let’s know about the prices of both of these types.
- The average cost of full mouth dental implants might vary from 80,000 – 220,000 PKR, and the partial denture might cost from 40,000 – 110,000 PKR.
The prices we have mentioned above are dependent upon the quality of the implant as various qualities come in different pricing brackets. To make this easier for you, we have mentioned the most average pricing brackets commonly used, including the cost of full dental implants and partial dental implants.
So, stop worrying about the average price for full mouth dental implants and start considering it as you might have heard the slogan “Health is wealth.”
What is a Dental Implant?
Dental Implants are titanium cylindrical surgical component that is surgically placed in the bone of the jaw of the missing teeth below the gums. Dental Implants are placed to allow your dentist to replace your missing tooth with a new replacement tooth that will look and feel the same as a real tooth. They are also used for denture use and orthodontic purpose.
Why do I need a Dental Implant?
Dental Implant is used for the replacement of the missing teeth as they are the best solution as compared to dentures and bridges. Following are the reasons why you need a dental implant:
1. Looking and feeling great: Dental implants function like and look like healthy and natural teeth. Brush and floss them just like you do your natural teeth. You do not need to remove them for cleaning. They also help you retain your natural face shape and smile.
2. They will last longer or forever: If you take proper care of your Dental Implant they are built to last many decades. Many other options, including certain types of dental bridges and dentures, may need to be replaced as often as every 5 to 10 years, requiring a more significant investment of time and money.
3. Smile and live with confidence: Your dental implants are placed in your mouth with proper care by an experienced Implantologist, so don’t need to worry yourself they won’t slip or click when you talk, eat or laugh. You’ll also find that your speech is more natural. With dental implants, you’ll have the peace of mind to eat what you love, say what you want to say, be as active as you want, and smile broadly with confidence.
4. Protection of facial bone and healthy teeth: After a dental extraction or losing one or more teeth, leaving empty spaces in your mouth can lead to health issues such as jawbone deterioration. Dental implants are the only tooth replacement option that actually helps stimulate bone growth and prevent bone loss. Getting dental implants as soon as possible after tooth extraction or losing a tooth by any other means helps prevent bone loss at the site. Also, our dentist doesn’t need to grind down your adjacent teeth to anchor bridges or attach partial dentures. Dental implants are the only restorative method that stimulates your natural bone under the missing tooth.
Is Dental Implant placement procedure painful?
The Dental Implant placement procedure can be breakdown into two parts:
Surgical Period: Dental Implants are placed in your mouth surgically by our experienced Implantologist with proper care. This requires them to cut into the gums. As you can imagine, this does sound painful. But before our dentist gets started, they will use a local anesthetic. After the area is completely numbed out, the dentist makes an incision to expose the jawbone. You will feel no discomfort, as the area is entirely anesthetized. After making the area more accessible, a hole is drilled for the implant. While drills might also sound painful, your jawbone has no nerves to feel any pain. The most discomfort you would likely feel is pressure. You won’t feel any of the drilling. The dental implant can then be screwed into place. Once your dentist is satisfied with the placement, he or she will close up the incision. While the local anesthetic is still in effect, the patient will feel no pain at all. Our dentist may give you pain medication before starting the procedure so that when the anesthetic wears off, you have sufficient pain relief.
Recovery Period: You can experience some tenderness after the anesthesia wears off. However, it isn’t unmanageable. Our dentist will likely recommend that you take the painkiller prescribed by our dentist for any discomfort felt during the healing process.
Why are Dental Implants costly?
There are some reasons why dental implants are expensive. Firstly it requires specials skills and an acquired amount of knowledge and technique to get qualified to do Dental Implant procedure and secondly dental implants itself is very costly.
Dental implants consist of three separate parts, the implant post (screw), abutment, and crown. The implant post is made from biocompatible titanium or zirconia. The abutment is custom-designed to fit accurately into the implant post and has additional costs associated with it. Finally, the implant crown is made by local labs, but screw-retained crowns and custom crowns cost much more than traditional crowns do. And then the cost of bone graft, membrane, and suture material, and you’re easily looking at thousands of rupees just for the implant parts. The cost of implant parts is one of the reasons why dental implants cost as much as they do.
Are Dental Implants safe?
Dental Implants are used for more than 50 years and still are the safest and best choice for the replacement of the missing tooth. For the majority of health dental patients, Dental Implants are the successfully safest method if performed by a suitably skilled and qualified professional. Dental implants are typically made from titanium, a metal that is biocompatible with the human body.
What is the success rate of a Dental Implant?
97-98% is the success rate of a Dental Implant. Dental Implant is the treatment of choice by almost all dentists for replacement of the missing tooth.
How much time does a Dental Implant last?
If you take proper care of your Dental Implant and its cleaning, and practice oral hygiene on daily basis then your Dental Implant can last more than 25 years and longer. Dental Implants are made and designed to be the permanent replacement tooth option for the missing teeth.
What do I need to do after a Dental Implant placement?
It is necessary that you follow the aftercare points told by your dentist. This can include the following:
• Avoid straws or any suctioning for 24-hours after surgery.
• Expect some minor swelling for 2 to 3 days.
• Rinse with salt water 3 to 4 times daily the day after surgery.
• Avoid very hot drinks and foods for the first 48 hours after surgery.
• Stick to a liquid diet for 24-48 hours after surgery.
• Avoid smoking for at least three days following surgery.
• Use painkiller for any discomfort.
What would happen if I don’t go for a Dental Implant?
If you are not choosing Dental Implant as an option you are only making things worse. After 12 months of dental extraction or a missing tooth bone atrophy begins; that is, your bone height and density decrease and deteriorate almost immediately and then if you choose to go for a dental implant it becomes a more expensive procedure and complex because you also have to get a bone graft.
Although you can choose other options as well such as dentures and bridges which are a little costly but not as durable and reliable as Dental Implant. We recommend you to go for Dental Implant, It may be a costly treatment but this wonderful investment surely comes with great benefits in long term with longevity.
G6, Mehran Excellency Apartment Khayaban-e-iqbal Service Road, Bath Island, Clifton, Karachi, 75600
Mon – Sun: 10am – 10pm
Dental Emergency: 10pm – 10am